First look at Rondo360 VR audio software
We’ve been heads down working towards the public beta release of our Rondo360 VR audio solution, and we’re in the homestretch! The last few months have been spent testing the tools directly with a select group of VR/360 content creators and audio professionals.
We’ve taken all of the feedback and feature requests and iterated and iterated and iterated…and we’ve built what we think is the most powerful, easy-to-use, and agnostic audio solution for 360 media. But let’s take a step back.
WHAT IS RONDO360?
Simply put it’s a set of plugins and an application. The Rondo360 application works seamlessly with all major DAWs utilizing either VST, AU, or AAX plugins. When used on an audio track, the RondoSend plugin will send audio data to Rondo360 for processing. A single RondoReturn plugin is used to return a binaural audio stream from Rondo360 to the DAW. The result is a global spatial mixing environment that puts the entire 360 spatial mix at your fingertips. It’s seamless. It’s easy. It’s fun.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY AGNOSTIC?
Rondo360 can support all channel configurations, regardless of what your DAW supports. That means you get to keep using your favorite tools…we’re looking at you Logic fans 🙂
At the most basic level, Rondo360 will take several mono tracks as input from the DAW. You then tell Rondo360 how to interpret the tracks: Is it 2-channel stereo, 3 channel LCR, 4-channel Ambisonics, 6-channel surround, etc.?
After mixing, when you’re ready to export, Rondo360 can render and encode the entire spatial mix into a growing list of supported formats. And not only can you export the files offline, but you can render and export in real-time.
Today we’re happy to share the first screenshots of Rondo360. Select a thumbnail to enter the gallery, and make sure to check out the software feature list directly below the gallery:
YOUR ALL-IN-ONE 3D AUDIO MIXING ENVIRONMENT
Stop spending on one-off 3D audio plugins. Here’s a quick look at the features that will be bundled into the Rondo360 software:
- MTB Encoder/Decoder: Experience the difference with Dysonics’ patented 360° binaural MTB (motion-tracked binaural) audio format, hands down the best format on the market for hyper-realistic 3D audio and motion-tracked headphone reproduction.
- RondoMotion Integration: Connect your RondoMotion — the word’s first wireless head-tracking device for headphones — to the Rondo360 app and experience your 360 mix with full motion interactivity… an extremely powerful real-time editing tool for virtual reality & 360 content.
- Full Automation Support: Use your DAW’s existing automation engine to automate movement of multiple source positions in a 3D space.
- Audio/Video Syncing: Drop in your stitched video and intuitively align it to your audio mix, both spatially and in time. From there, you can export your muxed audio/video file to a format compatible with your platform of choice.
- Ambisonics Encoder: Upmix multiple mono, stereo, 5.1, and other sources to a single ambisonics output file — all with automated 360 degree azimuth panning and realistic range simulation.
- Ambisonics Decoder: Listen to Ambisonics files over headphones with 360 degree head-tracking or preview how your mix will sound on YouTube360.
- Realtime 3D Audio Spatialization: Our groundbreaking 3D audio spatialization engine developed by our team of industry leading psychoacoustics / spatial sound researchers
- Surround Sound Spatialization: Listen to native surround sound files (5.1, 7.1, etc.) over headphones with our pristine binaural spatialization.
- Advanced Room Processing: Benefit from from the highest quality dynamic room modeling and processing for enhanced realism in your mix.
- Live Broadcast: Rondo360 is the only solution to support 360 audio live streaming from field mics (Ambisonics or our patented 360° binaural RondoMic array) or multiple mono/stereo mics. Coming soon.
- Binaural Rendering: Immersive headphone audio is quickly emerging as a big differentiator for content of all kinds. The Rondo360 binaural renderer delivers lifelike 360 spatialization for VR/360 content and standard video/audio content alike.
- Single View for All Sources: See all sources in your 360 mix in one holistic, simple view. This makes for a much more intuitive and interactive spatial mixing experience.
- AAX, VST, AU Support: Rondo360 integrates into your existing workflow, whether that’s Protools, Logic, Reaper, Ableton, or any other DAW that supports VST, AU, or AAX plugins.
In the coming weeks we’ll be releasing a video demo, followed by the public beta.
Make sure to sign up for the Rondo360 waitlist, and/or send a note to email@example.com with any questions or partnership requests. If you’ve already reached out and haven’t heard back yet, please accept our apologies as we’re experiencing a huge volume of inquiries.